To decide the next President of the CSJ, the voting was held from 10 April to 1 May. Prof. Maki Kawai, the Director General of the Institute for Molecular Science has been elected through this voting.
The CSJ Board of Directors Meeting approved that Prof. Kawai was appointed President-elect of the CSJ.
Her term will be from May of 2018 to May of 2020. She is the first female President in the 140 years of CSJ history.
Professor Maki Kawai
- 1980-82 Postdoc: Contract Researcher, RIKEN
- 1982-83 Postdoc: JSPS Fellow at The University of Tokyo
- 1983-84 Assistant, Osaka Industrial Research Institute, MITI
- 1984-85 Postdoc: Contract Researcher, Osaka Gas Co.,
- 1985-88 Researcher, Catalysis Lab., RIKEN
- 1988-91 TDK Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology
- 1991-10 Chief Scientist, Director of Surface Chemistry Laboratory, RIKEN
- 2004-17 Professor, Department of Advanced Materials Science, The University of Tokyo
- 2010-15 Executive Director, RIKEN
- 2015-16 Special Advisor to the President, RIKEN
- 2016 -- Director General, Institute for Molecular Science